Getting a tummy tuck is an exciting time for men and women who have struggled with excess fat and skin in the stomach. However, many patients have a lot of questions about how to bounce back quickly after their surgery. As with any surgery, there is a period of time needed where rest and relaxation needs to occur to allow the body to properly heal. Dr. Thomas Wiener of Houston, TX is a plastic surgeon who educates patients on what to expect after their procedure, and the steps patients can take to facilitate faster recovery.
What are some tips for a speedy recovery from the tummy tuck surgery?
Dr. Thomas Wiener works regularly with patients who ask about ways to facilitate faster healing following their abdominoplasty. Below are a few tips to help patients get back to their normal activities sooner:
- Stay hydrated to reduce swelling in the stomach area
- Maintain a healthy diet, which over time will ensure maintenance of the final results
- Listen to your body and take it easy during the first few weeks following the procedure
- Schedule your follow-up appointment to ensure you are healing as expected
- Look for signs of infection or other complications and notify your doctor immediately if spotted
- Consider lymphatic drainage massage to help facilitate faster healing
- Understand full healing following the tummy tuck can take several months
- Don’t jump back into activities such as exercising without approval/clearance from your plastic surgeon
- Sleep on your back with the upper body elevated to sleep comfortably after your procedure
- Wear a compression garment as directed by your doctor
- Keep moving to prevent blood clots while avoiding activities that cause straining such as heavy lifting
Are you considering the tummy tuck procedure?
Don’t let post-operative recovery scare you from having this procedure done, as many men and women wish they had done it sooner! Dr. Thomas Wiener of Houston, TX is a plastic surgeon pleased to offer body procedures for adults ready to improve their appearance and boost their self-confidence. Call the office at (281) 488-5795 to request an appointment at 2323 Clear Lake City Boulevard, Suite #152.