Dr. Thomas Wiener is a board-certified plastic surgeon located in Houston, Texas. He performs an array of breast, body and face procedures – and is particularly sought after for his unmatched expertise in breast surgeries and tummy tucks.
Dr. Wiener attended Baylor University as an undergraduate and earned his medical degree from the University of Texas Southwestern Medical School in Dallas. From there, he completed a number of specialty trainings in general surgery, hand surgery, microsurgery and plastic surgery. These credentials, coupled with his compassionate demeanor and ability to produce natural results, have earned him a reputation as one of the best face, body and breast surgeons in all of Houston.
Education + Credentials
Dr. Wiener’s qualifications far exceed those of other face, body and breast surgeons. After earning his medical degree at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical School in Dallas, he completed the following trainings, fellowships and residencies:
- General Surgery – University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston
- Hand Surgery Residency – V.A. Hospital in Houston
- Microsurgery Research Fellowship – St. Joseph Hospital
- Plastic Surgery Residency – St. Joseph Hospital
The man behind the practice
A native of Dallas, Dr. Wiener grew up enjoying a diverse cultural background, with a father who is from New York and a mother who is from Nicaragua. To this day, he loves Nicaraguan food, including nacatamales, vaho and plantains. In his spare time, Dr. Wiener can be found fishing, biking, weightlifting and taking photos.
Research + Publications
Dr. Wiener believes in continually improving oneself and one’s practice. As such, he has published a number of landmark papers that are designed to inform, educate, and improve patient outcomes. Some of his most celebrated papers include:
- The Role of Betadine Irrigation in Breast Augmentation
- Relationship of Incision Choice to Capsular Contracture
- Continuous Running Sutures: A Modification for Progressive Tension Abdominoplasty
- Space Obstructive Syndrome: Intracranial Hypertension, Intraocular Pressure, and Papilledema in Space
Memberships + Certifications
Dr. Wiener is board-certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. He is also a proud and active member of the following professional organizations:
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- International Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- Texas Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Houston Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Texas Medical Association
- Harris County Medical Society
In addition, Dr. Wiener is the past president of the Texas Society of Plastic Surgeons and the Houston Society of Plastic Surgery, as well as the past president of Southeast branch of the Harris County Medical Society.
Schedule an appointment today
Dr. Thomas Wiener is one of Houston’s most respected face, body and breast surgeons. Contact our office today to schedule an appointment and begin planning for your procedure.learn more